More and more young people and established workers see the interest in seeking employment with the CCG (Gulf Cooperation Council, which includes Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates). Whether it’s the climate, the compensation, the social network or the innovation that attracts them to this prosperous region, expatriates from all over the world gather here.
10 reasons why the GCC attracts job seekers from around the world
1) Active labor market – Compared to many fields in the world, the GCC labor market is very active with many opportunities for young graduates, highly qualified professionals and all intermediate levels.
2) High wages – Average salary levels in the GCC tend to be significantly higher (usually in multiples) and often include housing allowance and generous bonus programs.
3) Ability to Save – Unlike wages relative to the cost of living in Canada, the level of compensation in the GCC will allow many workers to quickly accumulate large savings and plan for early retirement.
4) Tax-exempt wages – Not only are GCC compensation plans at the upper end of the salary range, but wages are tax-exempt so you can keep all of your income in your pocket.
5) Constant climate – The GCC is generally hot and dry all year round, a refreshing change from four-season environments and soggy and cold climates.
6) Fast-changing corporate culture – The GCC region is brimming with innovation, as investments from government and the private sector provide more and more opportunities in technology, engineering, energy and a host of other sectors.
7) Adventure – Expatriates can use their free time to explore destinations that tourists pay generously to visit, all near their home.
8) Extensive social network – The expatriate population in big cities like Dubai, Riyadh and other regions is large and offers many social connections and lively activities.
9) Widely spoken English – English being the official language of business and spoken by the majority of the GCC population, there is no need to learn mother tongues.
10) Familiarity in shopping malls – All the familiar products that you can pick up at home – trendy brand gourmet coffees – are available in the GCC, as well as a wide range of native products and food at great prices cheaper.